Monday, August 12, 2013

modern snack bar.

Modern Snack Bar on Urbanspoon

Quotidian bliss is how I would define Modern Snack Bar. Wood-panelling and no-frills mid-century decor pervade the Snack Bar, as does good, old-fashioned hospitality and even better food. No matter what entree you order, I strongly encourage you to have the masked turnips as your vegetable side--- they're a specialty here, not to miss. My company raved about their dishes, which ranged from pork chops to pulled-pork sandwiches to seasonal scallops fresh from the Peconic Bay. I was blessed with a scrumptious trio of soft shell crabs. Modern Snack Bar's homemade pies are memorable, particularly the lemon meringue (which our whole table took home to enjoy), though I warn you, everyone who eats here regularly know that too, so you'd best be proactive in your dessert selection.

Happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment